Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009

Wow! I've been away for two whole weeks visiting my family in San Francisco and now I am finally back to take on the new year.

It was a fantastic time away in one of my absolute favorite cities. I just fit in San Fran. It's a sophisticated city with very minimal pretension and lots of things to do in a beautiful setting. Hiking, running, kayaking, biking as well as wine tasting, museum going and food exploring. Spending so much time with my brother, sister-n-law, parents and two of the sweetest kids alive - my three-and-a-half-year-old nephew and one-and-a-half-year-old niece.

Now that I'm back, I have a full-plate of activity ahead for the spring. Orientation for UT starts next week. Studying for the GRE starts as soon as I can get my a** motivated. Starting work on my plot in a community garden begins this weekend. Here's to not killing vegetables.

Pictures of the garden plot forthcoming.

No comments: