Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry Christmas...Damn It!


I am officially saying Merry Christmas to everyone I see. I am done with "Happy Holidays!" It rolls off the tongue more easily now because it's been beaten into my brain since high school that Merry Christmas is offensive, not inclusive and not p.c.

But screw it! I am no longer living my life by the creed of what 2% of the population thinks. Real people say Merry Christmas, or Happy Hannakah or Happy Kwanza. They don't diminish the significance of this time of year with the generic, "Happy Holidays!"

I feel my sentiment is recognized by millions out there, and you will see in the next few years, Christmas make a come-back. Hannakuh will make a come-back. Kwanza will be even better known.

So, Merry Effing Christmas!

No comments: