Friday, September 19, 2008

School Update

I'm now in week three of school, and it's going okay. Organic Chemistry is going much better this time around, and I really enjoy my professor's teaching style. I also just learned that the book I am using was written by a Chemistry professor at UT, which is very impressive.

Physics....eh. It's really, really, extraordinarily hard to take a class online, I am learning. I now have a tutor in both my classes, but trying to keep up with Physics, while mostly teaching myself, is pretty strange. There will be a drop/add date, and when I come to it, I will make a decision on whether it's wise of me to keep going at this without a teacher.

I had a dream last night of myself in my first days at med school, wearing a white coat, and being surrounded by other women and men more my age who were also starting out as "non-traditional" students. We were waiting to get into our gross anatomy class, and we were all so excited.

Here's hoping that dream comes true.

No comments: