Friday, May 2, 2008

It's Really a Dog's Life

Do you ever just look at dogs and wish you were one? I do, anyway. I have a dog and my neighbor/landlords have three. Sometimes from my bedroom window, I'll look down at their golden lab Toby and watch him just running around the yard, playing, smiling, barking and lounging around and think, "Damn! That's the life!" No bills to pay, no job to go to, food in my bowl everyday, people to pet me and love me.

Where did we humans go wrong in our efforts to be different than the animals...we really cheated ourselves of the care-free life. But, care-free animals we are only some of the time, which is why I suppose I've decided to pick something especially challenging to work on for the next several years. My mentality has always been one of - don't do anything half-assed. Just go all the way. You only live once.

If only we could live once playing outside all day.

No comments: