Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Eugene!

Welp! It looks like I a moving to Eugene, OR for school. A hard, tough, life-changing decision...but really, it won't be that dramatic or grandiose. I'll be back to Austin and my friendships here will be forever and stronger. It could be a temporary stint for the next year and a half, or it could be a two-year gig. It just depends on what happens to me out there before med school.

I learned one very important lesson going out to Oregon this weekend. Big decisions don't always come in a-ha revelations that knock you over the head and make you feel clear and secure about moving forward. Sometimes, they come in waves that leave you high and then leave you low. Let's put it this way, I was riding the edge of a long-board this weekend and it was fun, and it was also not so much fun.

Great things about Eugene.
  • The school has an excellent reputation in the sciences
  • The school has an excellent reputation and is a real 4-year university
  • People in Eugene drive so sensibly.
  • Oregonians are really friendly - who knew?
  • It's freaky beautiful out there
  • Everyone loves to be outside
  • The summers will be gorgeous!
My new XTi took the following pics





No comments: